In a rush and just want my recommendation? I think the Pet Gear No-Zip Pet Stroller is a great choice.
Dog strollers provide added comfort or mobility for pets. Pet owners who live in hot areas, have skittish dogs, or want to make old pets feel young again will benefit from a dog stroller.
But not all dog strollers are built the same. This guide walks you through everything you need to know so you can pick one of the best dog strollers for your best friend.
In this article, I’m reviewing the following dog strollers.
- Pet Gear No-Zip NV Pet Stroller for Cats/Dogs, Zipperless Entry, Easy One-Hand Fold, Air Tires, Plush Pad + Weather Cover Included, Optional Divider
- VIVO 4 Wheel Pet Stroller for Cat, Dog, and More — Foldable Carrier Strolling Cart
- Best Choice Products 2-in-1 Pet Stroller and Trailer, Red, w/Hitch, Suspension, Safety Flag, and Reflectors
- Petique All Terrain Jogger-Blazin’ Berry Pet Stroller
- BestPet Pet Stroller Cat Dog Cage Stroller Travel Folding Carrier
5 Best Dog Strollers Reviewed
Pet Gear No-Zip NV Pet Stroller for Cats/Dogs, Zipperless Entry, Easy One-Hand Fold, Air Tires, Plush Pad + Weather Cover Included.
Our first contender — the Pet Gear No-Zip Pet Stroller — forgoes the need for zippers. Pet owners may not want zippers as they can jam and trap your pet inside. The one-push button makes putting in and taking out your pet much faster and easier.
This dog stroller also provides a panoramic view of the environment. There’s also a 3-position canopy to accommodate that day’s sunlight or precipitation. A bolster pad for smaller pets and weather cover comes included with the purchase.
The stroller’s wheels have durable 12-inch Air Ride tires. The rear wheels include safety brakes and shock absorbers for fast, unexpected movements. Weather-resistant materials construct the stroller’s frame. Pet owners will also appreciate the tray for keys, water, and other items.
- No zippers — buttons only
- Panoramic view from carriage
- Durable tires
- Weather-resistant construction with durable wheels
- May be too tall for shorter pet owners (around 5’1”) to use
- Doesn’t fold up to save storage space
The VIVO Pet Stroller holds pets weighing up to 30 lbs. Pets have a clear view of their environment while receiving plenty of ventilation. Owners have access to cup holders, a center tray, and a large basket underneath to hold their pet’s necessities.
This pet stroller folds up, making it convenient for those living in a small space. Add the stroller’s affordability, and the VIVO Pet Stroller becomes an affordable option for first-time stroller users.
- Removable interior for easy cleaning
- Folds into a compact shape
- Spacious basket and storage
- Stroller sometimes wobbles
- Exposed carriage zipper lets water leak into the interior
Best Choice Products 2-in-1 Pet Stroller and Trailer, Red, w/Hitch, Suspension, Safety Flag, and Reflectors
The Best Choice Pet Stroller keeps bugs out while letting your pup ride smoothly. The interior cushion adds extra comfort and removes for easier washing.
The built-in handlock brake system keeps your pet safe. There’s even a hitch to attach the stroller to a bicycle. The durable and lightweight frame resists water and keeps your pet safe from sun and rain.
With the added safety flag and reflectors, the Best Choice Pet Stroller suits owners who want to keep their dog safe while outdoors.
- Bug-screen protects also protect from sun and rain
- Lightweight frame
- Great safety features (flag and reflectors)
- Bicycle hitch
- Doesn’t fold up
- A bit expensive
The Petique All-Terrain Pet Stroller suits owners hoping to take their pet off the trail. The large wheels accommodate dirt paths or rocky terrain. The shock absorption ensures your pet rides smoothly despite what you’re traversing on.
The stroller includes two large pockets to hold water, snacks, phones, and other doggy neds. There’s also a dual wheel braking system to stop the stroller quickly and safely. The carriage supports dogs up to 60 lbs and washes easily.
- Large wheels accommodate rough terrain
- Two large pockets to hold dog necessities
- Shock absorption for a smooth ride
- Bicycle hitch
- Strong chemical smell out of box
- Stroller wobbly when on uneven terrain
Owners will first notice the BestPet Pet Stroller’s front swivel wheels. They provide maximum control over the stroller’s navigation. You’ll find stroller assembly easy. It contains plenty of pockets to hold your dog’s necessities, and comes in five colors.
The padded interior keeps pets safe and comfortable while riding. The top and bottom screens let your pet see the world from either a sitting or lying position.
- Swivel wheels provide great control over stroller
- Padded interior for safety and comfort
- Easy assembly
- Plenty of storage space
- Folds into compact size
- Supports only small dogs (up to 25 lbs)
Guide To Buying A Dog Stroller
Why Get a Dog Stroller?
Check out the top reasons why dog owners get a pet stroller:
- Safety. Pavement can reach dangerous levels for your dog. Though dogs build calluses on their footpads, hot pavement can burn through the footpads and leave painful sores. It only takes one minute on 125 degrees Fahrenheit pavement to burn your dog’s feet.
North Carolina State University describes a simple test you can do to see if the pavement is too hot for your dog’s feet: touch the back of your hand to the pavement you would walk your dog on. If you must retreat your hand after seven seconds due to the heat, it’s too hot for your dog to walk on.
Strollers protect your dog’s feet from the heat while still allowing them to go outside.
- Reducing stress. Does your dog feel stressed around other people? What about other dogs? At the vet clinic?
You have to take your dog outside or to the vet at some point. Placing them in a stroller gives them the protection they need to feel more comfortable when venturing outside of the home, reducing their stress and discomfort.
- Helping old, injured, or sick dogs. Circumstances in a dog’s life prevent them from going on walks. Dogs can get sick with a serious disease, become paralyzed, or grow too old to walk anymore.
Using a dog stroller lets your pet see the outside world they adored in their younger, healthier state. The dog gets mental stimulation from the outdoor excursion, and you don’t have to carry them to do it.
- Storage on walks. Perhaps you don’t or can’t carry water, food, doggy bags, or other items for your dog. Many strollers have bottom compartments to store items for your dog’s basic needs, making it easier to care for your dog while on long walks.
- Coddling. Sometimes you want to spoil your dog out of sheer love. If you had someone who wanted to carry you around in a stroller, you would probably oblige. So why not do the same for your dog?
How to Choose the Best Dog Strollers?
Now that you know some of the main reasons why folks get a dog stroller, here are some tips on picking one out.
Your budget is perhaps the most limiting factor when picking a dog stroller. Cheap strollers will carry your dog and any additional items you need, but they tend to have a shorter lifespan than more expensive strollers.
The size of the stroller directly correlates to the size of your dog — especially in the carriage. You’ve probably never measured your dog in inches, but it would be safe to do so.
You must find a stroller that accommodates your dog comfortably, ensuring that the carriage isn’t too small or claustrophobic for your pet.
Where do you plan on walking your dog? If your walks primarily take place on smooth concrete sidewalks, then your wheels don’t have to be very durable.
If you want to take your dog stroller through rougher terrain, such as on a hiking trail or cobblestone paths, then you need more rugged wheels. Many dog owners don’t consider wheels or tread before purchasing a dog stroller, so keep this in mind.
The best dog strollers have additional perks that would interest you, such as a stroller that converts to a backpack or uses buttons rather than zippers to access the carriage.
In general, the more perks the stroller has, the more expensive it will be. However, additional perks provide improved convenience as you carry your dog outdoors.
Consider how you’ll realistically take your dog on walks. Avoid opting for nice-sounding perks you’ll never actually use. Get extras you need to save money on the stroller.
Dog strollers provide comfort and protection for your dog. They allow small to medium-sized dogs to sit in the carriage, guarded behind a mesh screen, and still see the outside world.
That’s why we named the Pet Gear No-Zip Pet Stroller as our top choice out of best dog strollers. The no-zip construction conveniently allows you to access the carriage, and there is plenty of storage space for owner use. The weather-resistant construction and durable wheels lets you use it no matter the weather or terrain.
It’s a good investment for owners seeking a high-quality pet stroller for years to come. But any of the pet strollers on this list will suit your needs. They are some of the best dog strollers, after all.